Wednesday 28 December 2011

For my Son

Whether one is in Paris, Frankfurt, London, or Glasgow, a sunny day is always appreciated. I will be the first to admit that I am very sensitive to the weather, often wondering if I suffer from seasonal affective disorder.
Regardless, the sun was in full force when I stepped out of the lobby of my Hotel in Edinburgh centre, and it was marvelous. I felt as though I could take on any obstacle that confronted me, although I doubted any such occurrences in the wonderful city of Edinburgh. I began to stroll down the streets, observing all the wonderfully displayed trinkets available for tourists, wondering if I would find a hidden gem for my son; I typically bring him something back when I travel for business. While everything in the market had its own charm, I was looking for something particular. What it was, I do not know. Yet, I knew that I would recognize it when I found it.

My search proved to be unsuccessful that day, although I did obtain a few tasty treats for myself along the way. Since I had a week left in Scotland, and would be travelling to Glasgow the next day, I did not stress over the idea of returning home empty handed. Therefore, I began packing to make the move to Glasgow.

My Luxury hotel Glasgow turned out to be just as amazing as the one in Edinburgh, even comparable to some of the finest Ballater hotels. The staff were friendly, rooms were clean, and the lounge had some of the finest scotches that I had ever seen. Immediately following one of the best night's sleep that I have ever had, I set out once again in search of that special treasure. Success! The market in Glasgow had such a variety of little gifts that one would be hard pressed not to locate something interesting. I sure hope my son enjoys the kilt that I purchased for him, since I bought the matching one.

No comments:

Post a Comment