Tuesday 3 January 2012

Misconceptions

Biking around the reservoir in Derby, England, is a great way to spend an afternoon. I first came across this particular location while conducting research into cheap hotels in Derby and was quite surprised that the city had such an attraction.
When I think of some of the smaller cities in England, mountain biking is not something that pops into my mind. When I think England, I must admit that I have some outdated conceptions. For one, not everyone in England is drinking tea at all times. Yes, it is a very popular beverage among those that live in England, but it is not a requirement of every meal. Secondly, not all beer is served warm. This is something that thought was common place in England, yet it does not hold true in all establishments. Sure, they do offer alcoholic beverages at room temperature at many pubs, but it is not to say that all establishments use the same approach.

There are some other conceptions that I had about Liverpool that were inaccurate. Yes, Liverpool is a city that centres around its docks. While the docks do employ a large portion of the population, not everyone is your typical sailor. They are the same as you or me, although the accent may not believe you to think so. Liverpool is such a wonderful place to visit, if you are looking for a true depiction of the United Kingdom and those that call it home. Furthermore, some of the Liverpool city centre hotels are some of the most luxurious hotels that I have had the advantage of staying in. They offer their guests not only a comfortable stay, but great access to many of the city's attractions. So, if you feel that your conceptions of the United Kingdom are somewhat outdated, as mine surely were, make a trip to either Derby or Liverpool. I am sure you will be surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment